Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Fairview Mall Dental Centre patients;
We hope you and your family are safe and well. We would like to inform you that The Chief Medical Officer of Health issued a new Directive #2 last week. As a result, on May 31st the Royal College of Dental Surgeons released a new guidelines indicating that dentists are now permitted to provide in-person care for ALL DEFERRED, NON-ESSENTIAL, AND ELECTIVE SERVICES, in addition to emergency and urgent care.
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC and RCDSO guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety way beyond the current guidelines.
What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe:
You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Every person entering our clinic will be required to fill a COVID-19 screening questionnaire plus have their temperature checked.
- Rearranged our waiting room to accommodate the social distancing protocol, please arrive alone for your appointments and avoid bringing a companion. Of course an exception would be an essential caregivers and one parent of a minor.
- Installed Plexiglas barrier at the reception areas.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
- Kids play room will not be available for the time being.
- Masks to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office, please bring your own mask. You will be asked to remove it once you are in the treatment room then you can put it back on before leaving the treatment room.
- All patients to perform hand sanitizing upon entering our clinic by our 70% base alcohol sanitizer.
- Introduced an oral pre-rinse for all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- All team members undergo daily screening for COVID-19 health questionnaire and temperature check.
- Ambient air management with surgically clean air (HEPA filter) technology is continuously working to remove germs from circulating air.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduced protocols to reduce airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards,telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
You can contact our office at Fairview Mall Dental Centre Phone Number 416-491-1100 or email us at [email protected] to request an appointment. Please be patient with us, we have had to cancel all non urgent appointments from March 15 until June 4th, we will do our best to accommodate everyone back. We plan to resume our normal working schedule of Tue, Wed, Thr, and Sat.
Please only come and see us if you have none of the following symptoms:
Fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue, malaise, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, pink eye, runny nose, nasal congestion without other known causes. Or if you are over 70 years old and are experiencing any of the following: delirium, unexplained or increased number of falls, acute functional decline or worsening of chronic conditions.
Please reschedule your appointment if any of the following applies:
You suspect you have been in contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or anyone traveled outside Ontario in the last 14 days or you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or you suspect you could have COVID-19.
We will start contacting you on June 2nd to reschedule all cancelled appointments. We have not cancelled any future appointments after June 4th. We will contact everyone to screen them before confirming these appointments.
I thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this matter, and wish for each one of you to stay healthy and safe.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Dr. Rana Zogby
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
May 29, 2020
Dear Dr. Rana Zogby,
Thank you for your donation of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Your support helps to ensure that patients, frontline health care workers, and first responders have access to the critical PPE they need to protect themselves during the COVID-19 outbreak. Donations have been received from across different sectors, businesses, and individuals from across the province.
Please find attached a signed thank you letter from the Premier of Ontario, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, and Minister of Government and Consumer Services.
Thank you once again for your generosity.