Mini Dental Implants
What are they?
Mini dental implants, also known as denture-retention implants, securely hold dentures in place and are significantly less expensive than traditional dental implants.
Small titanium posts (1.8 to 2 mm in diameter) act as the roots of your teeth and fit perfectly into the retaining fixtures that are inserted into your denture.
The retaining fixture placed in your denture or crown provides a firm hold, ensuring you can laugh, talk, and eat without worry.
How Dental Implants can Help
While they are not intended as a permanent solution, mini dental implants can be a quick, affordable, temporary solution that is said to last for up to ten years.
This procedure takes less than 2 hours and requires no incision or stitches, which means that you can walk away with a brand new smile in just one appointment!
What is the Process?
- The process begins with a 3D scan of your jaw to ensure proper placement of the small titanium posts that will be inserted to secure your denture.
- The next step of the procedure is minimally invasive and is performed in our office under local anesthetic or light sedation.
- Four to six ball-headed posts are inserted into the lower jaw (depending on your particular need) while the retaining fixtures are placed into your denture.
- The retaining fixture contains an O-ring that ensures a snug fit over the ball head of the post.
- Your dentures will sit gently on your gums while being held firmly in place with the mini dental implants.
Due to its simplicity, there is almost no bleeding, swelling, or inflammation immediately following this procedure.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Mini dental implants are FDA approved and have been used by periodontists for decades.
They have a 95% success rate when performed by an experienced periodontist and are great for patients who don’t have enough bone density for full-sized implants.
And the best part is… You will be able to toss those messy denture adhesives and creams, and chew, speak, and smile with confidence once again!
Are You Ready to Enhance Your Smile?
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment to reclaim your smile today!