Soft Tissue Laser
Laser dentistry is one of dentistry’s latest advances. The Laser delivers energy in the form of light. Depending on the intended result, this energy travels at different wavelengths and is absorbed by a “target,” in this case it’s the soft tissue. At Fairview Mall Dental Centre, we use Odyssey diode laser navigator 810nm, the latest version by Ivoclar vivadent It safely perform many soft tissue procedures that were previously referred out of our practice. Often times no local anesthesia is required. For soft tissue (surgical) procedures it eliminates the need for suturing and healing is much faster.
Areas of dental care that benefit from laser technology:
- Gummy smile treatment
- Crown lengthening, gingivectomy and other gum corrections
- Aphthous ulcer (canker sore)
- Herpes ulcer (cold sore)
- Denture sores
- Frenectomy and tongue tie release without anesthesia or sutures
- Biopsy without anesthesia or sutures
- Periodontal disease, or gum related care
- Fibrotomy ( a treatment is sometimes needed post orthodontic treatment)
Our soft tissue laser is now used as a treatment for gum disease once deep scaling is completed, as it kills the bacteria that is the main cause of gum disease and increases rate of treatment success.
Are You Ready to Enhance Your Smile?
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment to reclaim your smile today!